5 Lovely Things
It’s been almost a month since my last post, life has just sped by and I’ve been trying to keep up! But my close friend Maddie tagged me in her blog post last week. So I HAD to take the time to have fun with this! I have five lovely things you may not know about me. (I won’t mention Biggie, because you ALL know I have a pug<3)
This was a little difficult; to find 5 things that I think most people wouldn’t know. I usually so open and most people know so much about me already and I don’t want to get too personal yet! Everyone knows I love paddling. I love the ocean, diving for shells, dancing and obviously blogging…but here’s a few things maybe you didn’t know?
1. I LOVE dressing up and looking nice. I rarely get the chance to, but when I do I love it! Actually taking the time to DO SOMETHING with my hair, instead of the messy bun in a trucker hat. Throwing on a dress instead of a t-shirt and cut off shorts! Even putting on mascara instead of throwing on a pair of sunglasses.
2. I love reading. I love reading romance novels, crime novels and books that have a movie made after them! Those are actually my favorites. I love being able to read a book and watch the movie after. My favorite books include One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest, The Help, Home Is Where The Heart Is, and White Girl Problems. I love sharing books! Come on! Ask me for a book recommendation, I dare ya 😉
3. I have a strange obsession with hats. HATS HATS HATS. Mainly beanies and trucker hats. Whether I’m at work, paddling, running, or hanging out I always feel comfortable in a hat. Frontwards, backwards-girls please, I rock my hats to the side VERY OFTEN! I very often paint my hats. I’ll buy 50 blank hats and just go to town with different designs! All mostly
because of a race of some sort. I love painting hats for and event or race, it give me something to remember it by. The fact that other people like wearing my hats also, makes me SO HAPPY. Beanies plainly keep my hair under control. It keeps my ears warm, and looks good too! I currently have upwards of 75 hats and beanies strung around the room…either snapped back onto a paddle…and even currently a crutch. (Thank goodness Bruce doesn’t need them anymore!)
4. I can’t fold clothes. Literaly, not possible. I will take clothes to the washer and dryer ALL DAY! Ask me to fold something that isn’t a towel or a blanket… I’m just a hot mess. I understand that I’ll probably never make it as a stay at home mom. It’s a problem I’ve come to terms with. Just sayin’
5. I LOVE JUICE. I would choose juice over soda. Juice with every meal. Call me a 5 year old, but when you put that grape juice in front of me I’ll beat anyone toddler to it. Juice box at a bbq? Yes please. Juice for a midnight drink? Duh. Like there’s anything else in my fridge. I think thats why my favorite wine is moscato…
NOW time to tag people! Problem is…the girls I’m tagging don’t have a blog. Maybe this will help them jump start one? I think they could all have funny and interesting stories in life to write about. Lets see what happens! I tag my sisters Tristen and Kasey, three of my closest friends Malia, Bobbie and Cora!
Let’s see what happens…thanks for reading!