It’s a Friday night.
AND IT’S ALMOST OVER.
What are you going to do tomorrow? Or the next day?
You need to get the most out of your weekend.
Odds are you already spend the week day working
then coming home and sleeping.
I’ve got ten easy suggestions to help you get the most out of your weekend, and not spending it on an alcohol binge or checking into pillow paradise and not checking out until Monday morning!
1. Everyone likes to sleep in! However, instead of sleeping in till 11am on both Saturday and Sunday; just pick one. Pick whichever day you want to sleep in as LONG as you want. What ever day you don’t pick, try to wake up at a normal breakfast time! Start your day with a nice cup of coffee and get this show on the road!
2. Do something early. On the day your NOT too busy sleeping, take the dog for a walk on the beach! Or ride your bike to a morning cuppa! Read a book on your lanai or make breakfast for the fambam!
3. Go out for a night! Pick a night to get the band back together and go out to dinner, or drinks…or both! Hit up the movie theater or local dive bar!
4. The night you aren’t going out however, cook a home cooked meal. It’s Sunday, if you aren’t working you have plenty of time to go to the grocery store and pick out special items for a new recipe! Share it with friends! Or cook a romantic meal for a special someone.
5. DO SOMETHING FOR YOURSELF! If you’re like me you spend a great deal of time thinking about your roommates, friends or boyfriends and making sure they’re happy at all times. But right now-its “ME TIME”. If you’re also anything like you, you can’t afford to go get a nice pedicure-so pick a crazy color and do it yourself!
6. Try something new! Want to learn to knit? Youtube that ish. Want to learn to canoe or kayak? Check out the Newport Aquatic Center, www.newportaquaticcenter.com, down in Newport Beach, CA! Or go take a yoga class at your local yoga studio!
7. Clean out your closet! Any girl will admit that they could always use a few hours to clean out their closet! Any boyfriend will agree.
8. Get out into Nature. If you can’t be near the ocean to take a swim or stand up paddle; go out into the world and find a hike! Make an adventure out of it! And of course take many, many, pictures!
9. Plan a date night at home. Even if you aren’t “dating” anyone right now- PICK YOUR BEST FRIEND! Watch movies, drink wine and just relax- you have nowhere to be!
10. Go to the park. When’s the last time you went TO A PARK! For real. Take a towel. Take a book. Take a camera! Spend a half hour outdoors at a park, just listening. You’ll be amazed at what you hear.
Now I understand that not everyone has time to do all TEN of these suggestions. Just pick two or three of your favorites and go from there! Don’t spend your weekend eating hot cheetos and watching Teen Mom re-runs!
You can follow me on my weekend adventures on Instagram at:
or on Twitter at: