I didn’t post at all in 2014. Maybe because I didn’t have time, or maybe I just didn’t have anything to share. Well, I always have something to share so I think I just didn’t find the time!
In just a few hours I’ll be turning 25, which is kinda surreal. Cause age really is just a number, but I don’t feel 25. Then again what’s 25 supposed to feel like? I’m five years from 30 (uh, crap) but I’m also at the same time five years for 20 ( I liked 20 ). But 25…blah.
I’ve decided to look back at the past 25 years, and remember what I’ve done. I like to think that I set good goals for myself, and worked hard to meet them. I am a huge believer in setting goals and having something to look forward to or work towards. But i also like to think that I had some fun along the way!
25 things that I’m stoked on for the 25 years I’ve been on this earth. Hopefully one day I’ll be able to look back and be like “woah, I did all that before I turned 25?” And in no particular order…
1. I had my first job when I was 15. It may have been keeping basketball game scores at the local gym for youth leagues; but it was a job and I could make enough money on Sundays to pay for my lunch all week.
2. My phone bill. I pay it myself. And have been since I was 20. C’mon. It’s a big deal.
3. When I was 19 I successfully packed my car and moved myself up to San Luis Obispo, and then ten months later I packed up again and moved myself to Santa Ana.
4. My Junior Outrigger Team over the years has given me some of my best memories, trips and races.
5. Surviving Molokai 2012, and then also placing in Koa division in Molokai 2014.
6. My ability to problem solve. I’ve become very good at solving other peoples problems, I’ll work on my own when I get there.
7. Placing 3rd in Kona with my girls in 2012
8. I learned to drive a trailer because I found myself in a situation where a trailer needed to be driven and no one was around to do it. I also learned how to drive my own motor boat, because Sam told me that’d be the only way I’d get home after the Catalina race.
9. The moment I got my first own canoe. God I love my boat #KamanuComposites
10. I was in the William and Kate movie back in 2011. It’s a hallmark film. Haven’t seen it? Its on Netflix.
12. When I was in 7th grade, I read the most books out of my whole grade. I was really amped on that.
13. I’m proud that even though I hate flying, I still somehow get myself on a plane when it’s time for another adventure…or race. I’m not trying to sound cool. I really, really, hate flying.
14. I’m proud of the work I do at NAC. It’s kinda a lot of hats to wear at once, but I’m happy with it. And couldn’t really imagine my life any other way right now.
15. I won the Catalina Relay in 2010 with the best teammates ever. I also think that was the last time i did that race before the canceled it two years later. Guess I ended on a good note!
16. NAC went to world sprints in 2008; however it was just in Sacramento.
17. I successfully beat the system and got rid of two speeding tickets on the same day when I was living in SLO.
18. The very first CD I ever bought was Offspring Americana when I was in 6th grade.
19. In 2011, I jumped into a suburban last minute and didn’t look back for ten days. Traveled all the way to Tennessee for Bonnaroo Music Festival with 3 smelly boys and a lot of canned tuna.
20. Senior year all we did was hand break turns at Bob Henry Park and donuts in the NAC parking lot. Not in my car of course. The blue bomber would not have survived.
21. Biggie, I think he’s grown up quite well mannered.
22. Maui to Molokai – Pailolo
23. I’ve made new friends on almost every Hawaiian island, and every time I travel I meet a new buddy.
24. I can jump my own battery and check my own oil. Anything after that, I make a phone call to the right person.
25. I haven’t broken rule #1 ; #sjciii
It’s not everything; it’s also not my most exciting memories. If you were to sit me down and make me write out what I did in 25 years, that’s kinda what i come up with. But when I start thinking how weird it is to be 25, i also start thinking…imagine what I’ll do in the next 25 years.