-Pug Lyfe is real life
– Running ain’t Easy – half marathon #1 showed me that, and I always keep that in the back of my mind as I’m training for the next half marathon.
– Dreams and Ideas can come true with a little hard work – PIlialoha Designs is a great example of that and I can’t wait to see how 2014 pans out for us!
– Always be ready for a lifestyle change – 2013 threw me for a loop with a last minute move.
– Thank you notes matter – see last blog post
– Kamanu Composites REALLY REALLY care about their clients – being a California Rep for them as taught me a sale isn’t done until the costumer is happy…no matter how many times they change their mind on colors
– Midori Sours – they’re magic.
– And you can get free midori sours even when you’re playing the penny slots – vegas was a trip
– Being self dependent is one of the greatest feelings in the world – knowing that you aren’t depending on anyone to make decisions for you and you’re capable of paying and supporting yourself.
– Taking pictures never gets old – same selfie different place
– There is a lot of satisfaction with meeting and surpassing the goals that you set – this was a big thing for me in 2013. Sitting down and writing out goals, then pushing myself to meet them whether they were personal, work related or athletic goals.
– Christmas Flys by a lot faster when you’re older – this also sucks.
– You can’t make everyone happy – but you can make yourself happy and that can infect others
– Chardonnay isn’t as bad as I thought – thanks Malia
– Don’t hesitate – if you want something go for it
– Don’t plan your day (or night) around people
– Twerking – the new drop it like its hot
– Last minute trips are the best trips – as much as my bank account hates them
– Instagram is a marketing tool – ie @PilialohaDesigns , @NewportAquaticCenter
– GoPro has changed the way of my picture taking
– SnapChat is just as good as a text – and I usually respond faster
– Don’t believe everything you hear
– Don’t judge a book by it’s cover – as cliche as if sounds, I really learned to live by this , this past year
– Plane tickets do not drop in prices the longer you wait – $900 tickets to Kona for a race, that also sucks
– People move – try to stay in touch as best you can
– It’s okay to stay home and read – I have a great list of books I can share
– Karma is real – what comes around goes around whether it’s good or bad karma
– Mermaids are also real
– Be selfish with time, it’s yours and eventually it runs out.
What have you learned? I want to encourage everyone to share something they’ve learned in 2013 whether it be on their own personal blog, instagram or Facebook. Tag #ThingsILearned2013 , so we can all share together!